Our practice of working out loud delivers benefits from sharing of practical examples and the advice of others. As a result, in the lead up to #wolweek from 17-24 November, we are starting a series of five-question interviews with practitioners of working out loud, asking them to share their lessons and advice.
First up we have one of the co-founders of International Working Out Loud Week, Jonathan Anthony with his usual direct & concise advice.
- What do you recommend for someone considering starting a practice of working out loud?
- How do I maximise the benefits or minimise the risks of working out loud?
Don’t over think it. #WOL is about doing and learning, not learning then doing.
- Tell us a story of when working out loud surprised you
#WOL surprises pretty much every time, no? That’s the fun of it.
- How does working out loud support your work?
It supports my reflective learning and that is probably the number one way I get better.
- What inspires you to practice working out loud?
The focus to always get better and the realization that trying things is the best way to do it.
Image credit: Jonathan Anthony’s brandboard. See thismuchweknow.net/brandboards/